So if you’re one of “those people” trying to go Paleo and all you can think about is pasta, this dish is for you. Fortunately, I’ve never been faced with the fear of living with pasta. I like it, I suppose, but I’m more than okay living without it. Regardless, this paleo spaghetti sauce recipe is too hard to pass up. And I personally think it’s better than classic spaghetti.
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef (grass fed)
- 1 can organic tomato sauce
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes (or you can dice fresh ones… but ain’t nobody got time for that!)
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Spaghetti squash
- Cook your spaghetti squash however your prefer (oven vs. microwave) or make zoodles.
- Chop your onion and saute it in a pan with the pressed garlic and olive oil for a few minutes.
- Add the ground beef and brown
- Add spices in and mix really well with other ingredients
- Add tomato products and mix REALLY WELL.
- If you’re not satisfied (I never am), then add more oregano, basil and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Fork your spaghetti squash into a bowl and help yourself!
I hope you enjoy your new spaghetti alternative and never want to go back to the all American way! (Or is it the all Italian way?) 😉
Let me know how it goes,