I’m not lying. I swear this IS the BEST pad thai I’ve ever had. I can taste it now. Just thinking about it makes me want some. The recipe may seem a little foreign at first but don’t run just yet. I promise you will not regret making this. Coming from a Thai loving fiend you should trust me, right? YEAH, you should. Lets do this!
What you need:
- 6-8 oz. diced raw chicken (organic)
- 2 large eggs (pastured + organic)
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup of snap peas (sliced long way)
- 2 cups spaghetti squash
- And last but not least, one batch of sunshine sauce ((This recipe comes from blogger and chef, “The Clothes Make The Girl“, she is an absolute Paleo genius.)) (This sauce takes the place of traditional peanut sauce. Not only is it better for you but the taste is a pleasant surprise.)
Combine the following ingredients into a food processor and blend well:
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 Tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 coconut milk
Leave that there and get started on the rest of the meal…
- Start cooking your spaghetti squash (in the oven or microwave)
- Crack eggs into a small bowl and mix in the 2 Tablespoons of coconut aminos. Heat a large skillet for about three minutes. Coat skillet with coconut oil, pour in egg mixture, reduce heat and cover for 3-4 minutes. Flip and brown the other side for a few minutes. Take this out and chop it up. (BTW it tastes like french toast. Go ahead, taste a small piece!)
- Add more coconut oil to the skillet and saute the snap peas and onions for about two minutes.
- Add the spaghetti squash, chicken and cooked egg pieces and stir well with a wooden spoon for about three minutes.
- Pour the sauce over all ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Make sure everything is cooked through and dig in!
Sorry, if I’ve ruined your next trip to your favorite Thai restaurant because nothing will compare to this pad thai. You’ll just have to order something else on the menu 😉